The Local Business COVID-19 Impact Survey
Have business concerns regarding COVID-19?
Please take the survey so we know what your most pressing needs are and how we can help connect with you available resources to help keep business running as normal as possible.
Thanks for Trusting in us!
As the leading voice of progress in our hometown business community we will continue to serve as needed.
Thank you for supporting our community through the support of local businesses and with your investment in the Chamber.
Economic Injury Disaster Loan Instructions
Alabama’s Small Business Development Center and The University of Alabama have paired up to bring local business owners all the information necessary to learn what steps need to happen in order to secure an economic industry disaster loan.
Step by step instructions from yesterday’s live webinar are now available. Just click on the button below to get started.
As the situation with the Coronavirus seems to be rapidly developing by the hour, our businesses are experiencing a range of challenges associated with COVID-19, from employee bandwidth to time constraints – all within our rapidly changing health environment.
Based on this latest information from Alabama Public Health, we are taking leadership guidelines into consideration concerning the cancelation or postponing of any public events we are affiliated with.
Currently, this is the list of rescheduled, canceled or postponed hours of operation.
- VFW’s Handgun Familiarization Class
- Jackson County School will be closed from Thursday, March 19 through April 6th
- Scottsboro Public Library to temporarily shut down from the close of business March 18 through April 5th
- NACC will temporarily suspend on-campus instruction from March 17 through April 3rd & Spectrum plans to offer free internet access for students due to coronavirus beginning March 16th. For more information, click here.
- Rural Workforce Seminar at Northeast Alabama Community College
- As Close As Family, Ribbon Cutting
- Siege of Bridgeport
- Northeast Alabama Health Services Ribbon Cutting
- Jackson County Courthouse will be closed until April 5. Essential services will still be ongoing, with Tags, Renewals and payment available online, CLICK HERE.
- McDonald’s Big Bass Splash, postponed to June 12,13,14
- Family Savings Credit Union, located at 24661 John T Reid Pkwy, Scottsboro is OPEN even though the lobby is closed. We offer Drive Thru service including CO-OP Service Center transactions, ATM withdrawals and deposits, and Night Drop box. They also offer ONLINE loan applications, free online & mobile app and more. Their member service number is 888-311-3728. Thank you for your patience while we work through this together.
- The Comfort Inn & Suites Scottsboro will be offering a lodging discount to first responders or medical professionals at the rate of $74 plus tax.
We continue to closely evaluate information as we receive it and will share with you moving forward. Please check our events page for the latest updates.
The Chamber will remain open for business. However, we may operate on reduced office hours and will be integrating remote work as needed.
If you would like to visit us, we encourage you to call ahead. And then wash your hands. 👏 👏 👏
Public health experts advise anyone who is most vulnerable to complications from COVID-19 to follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommendations to stay home as much as possible and avoid large gatherings.
To help support the public health response, Alabama has issued a state of emergency.
This means The Governor believes a disaster has occurred or may be imminent that is severe enough to require State aid to supplement local resources in preventing or alleviating damages, loss, hardship or suffering.
As testing becomes more available and results come in, we will do our best to keep you posted on evolving best practices.
Stay informed: Current Available Resources
- Alabama Department of Health
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Alabama
- Guidance for Businesses and Employers – CDC
- Crisis Management Guidelines for Businesses
- COVID-19 Business Preparedness Checklist
- Business Resilience in a Box Checklist
- Workplace tips for Employees
- Business Resources for Coronavirus Response
- SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) assistance
- SBA Disaster Loan Overview*
- SBA Declared Disaster Areas*
- SBDC explains SBA Disaster Loans*
- SBA Resources Available for Small Businesses*
- ADOL Announces Support for Workers Impacted by COVID-19 for Unemployment Benefits
- COVID-19 Relief for Taxpayers and Businesses (Alabama Department of Revenue)
- Interim Guidance for Business and Employees
- Keeping the Workplace Safe
- Signs and Symptoms of COVID-19
There is a large “COVID-19 RESOURCES” link at the top, or you access it directly at: https://www.labor.alabama.gov/covid19resources.aspx. It contains information from national organizations and state agencies.
There is a section to see all of the related ADOL news releases, along with a link to the Governor’s news releases, and those from USDOL.
Destination Development Webinar
“Dealing with the Coronavirus: What to do immediately, to help save your tourism industry & downtown businesses”
For more than 30 years Roger Brooks has helped transform ordinary places into extraordinary destinations. He’s worked with thousands of communities around the world, guiding them in their branding, marketing and product development efforts. This week he addresses major issues businesses are facing!