This spring hundreds of pro and amateur anglers from 27 states will compete on the Guntersville Reservoir of the Tennessee River, launching out of Goose Pond Colony in Scottsboro. Between February and May, 10 such tournaments are scheduled to have a significant economic impact on our local community. Including:
- February 6th: Alabama Bass Federation Qualifying
- February 13th: FLW Choo Choo Tournament
- February 19th: Alabama Bass Federation HS Qualifier
- February 19th: American Crappie Trail
- March 6th: Alabama Bass Nation
- March 13th: ASBFA
- March 18th: Anglers Choice National Championship
- March 26th: Big Bass Splash
- April 17th: Castin’ and Catchin’
- May 20th: Bassmaster Elite Series Kicks off
- May 22nd: Alabama B.A.S.S. Nation, college Tournament
Although there will be several other tournaments going on during this time period (which can be found at www.goosepond.org or www.bassinbigg.com) the above have been secured in partnership with The City of Scottsboro, Goose Pond Colony and The Mountain Lakes Chamber of Commerce with a purpose to further support an economic stimulus for our businesses, in light of COVID-19 effects. According to a 2016 TVA study that was conducted during the 2016 recreation season (April-September) it was determined that Lake Guntersville is responsible for $964.2M in recreation spending, and the annual fishing tournaments that are secured help play a major role in an economic infusion.
“The only thing that could stop you from catching bass here is if the lake freezes over.” Mark Tucker, Professional Bass Fisherman – Bassmaster.com
Goose Pond Colony’s “Miracle Mile” attracts anglers from across the country! While Largemouth Bass is a fish that most anglers want to reel in while visiting the resort, Crappie, Spotted Bass, Blue Gill, Stripers, Hybrid Stripers, White Bass, and Smallmouth Bass are plentiful in the area. The Bait, Tackle, and Grill hosts over 65 tournaments per year and serves as a home base for many fishing activities all year long. We are wishing everyone all the best for the season!